Harrachov Glassworks (Bohemian, c. 1712-present)

Return To Glossary

The town of Harrachov in the northern Czech Republic has been known for the production of Bohemian glass since the 14th Century.

The glassworks in the town were first built in 1712 by Elias Muller, and have been persistently rebuilt in 1827, 1862 and 1946 due to fires. The manufactory is famous for being among the world’s best. Works from the Harrachov Glassworks are sought after for their exceptional quality, which  is achieved through their use of refined technologies in the melting of the glass, and the treatment by hand to every aspect of creation.