Khlebnikov (Russian, founded 1867)

Return To Glossary

Khlebnikov was an Imperial Russian jewellery firm. The company was founded in 1867 by Ivan Petrovich Khlebnikov in St. Petersburg, but later transferred to Moscow in 1871.

Khlebnikov quickly gained a reputation for producing original works of the highest quality, resulting in the firm being awarded the Royal Warrant. The jewellers specialised in creating pieces decorated with fine enamel, which was often applied in the traditional Russian style. Demand for its work was high and by 1882 the Khlebinkov factory employed over two hundred craftsmen, supplying exquisite jewellery to the European aristocratic elite and the Russian Imperial family.