- Popular Searches
Antoine-Vital Cardeilhac founded Maison Cardeilhac in Rue du Roule, Paris in 1804. The firm, which specialised in silver tableware and cutlery, was handed down to his son, Armand-Edouard, and their work became known and respected for its very fine chasing of naturalistic decorations.
They exhibited at various world exhibitions in the 19th Century and were honoured with a Gold Medal at the 1878 Exposition Universelle which gave them International notoriety. The firm continued with the next generation, Ernest Cardeilhac, and they won a Silver Medal at the 1889 Exposition Universelle. For the 1900 Exposition, Ernest was the president for the judges of the silverware category.
His work is on view in many important institutions around the world including the Musée d'Orsay in Paris. The firm continued well into the 20th Century and it was acquired by Christofle in 1951 who continued to use their patterns.